Thursday, August 12, 2010

5 Weeks Before Departure.

I figured it was time for me to start a blog for my trip to Spain.

It's been a lot of work to get this far and I am still not completely ready.  I have to sell my car and get my visa back in the mail before September 12th (the day of my flight) or I may be in trouble.

My schedule is as follows:

September 12th I leave Portland Oregon to my first destination, Reykjavik.  I will stay in a hostel there for 3 nights and on the 15th of September I am headed to Amsterdam to stay with Raphael and Stephanie for awhile.

My next planned date is to meet up with my Mom and Stepdad in Madrid on the 25th of September.  They happen to be going on vacation in Spain the same time that I am arriving, which is pretty sweet.  I think we are going to do a day trip to Toledo and have dinner together before they head off to their next location.

My orientation for Auxiliaries is the day after my birthday on September 30th in Madrid.

October 2nd I will be finding my way to Logrono, where I will be an English Language assistant at two Elementary Schools.

I am very excited for Spain but I am also nervous about not really knowing Spanish.  I am also little sad to be leaving Portland after having such an amazing Summer here.  I'll miss all my friends and family here but will be returning in 8 months (at least for another summer).

I will be posting on this blog throughout my trip, as a way to stay in contact with people (I will be on skype as well) and as a personal journal.  I plan to take tons of photos with my Olympus SLR and will be using this as a photoblog as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment