Sunday, November 21, 2010

San Sebastian is even more Beautiful

This weekend I took my first Spanish adventure outside of Logrono, to a coastal city called San Sebastian.  Simply put it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and it had some of the best food I have ever tasted.

San Sebastian is in the Basque country so the primary language is Basque which is very different than Spanish.  Luckily everyone spoke Spanish as well and even a little English because it is a touristy area.

The most important thing about this trip was how amazing the food was.  For 3 euros you could get the basque version of a Tapa called Pinxos (pinchos).  And every single pinxo I had was some of the best food I have ever tasted.  For anyone who likes food wine and can handle a bit of a battle to get what you want you should go to San Sebastian.  The reason I say a bit of a battle is because you must fight your way to the front of the bar to place and order.  For this reason Pinxo hoppers usually pool money together and have one designated person to make orders and pay as you hop from bar to bar.  It's fun and exiting, but can be a little bit too much at peak hours.

After eating some pinxos me and my roommate Jody climbed to the top of the mountain that is looking down on the city.  At the top of that mountain there is a huge Jesus statue placed on top of a really old castle.  It was truly an amazing sight.  Simply stunning and beautiful.

I will be returning to San Sebastian a few times this year I am sure.  Anyone visiting me who wants to eat some of the best food in one of the most beautiful places in the world it is only 2 hours away and we will go.
































No comments:

Post a Comment