Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy New Year

Sorry I have not updated in so long for those who read this.

I am back in Logrono now after having Christmas/New Years break in Portland Oregon.  The trip back to Oregon was absolutely terrible.  It took me nearly two full days from location to location.  But now I feel like I could travel anywhere and it wont phase me.

It was nice to be home but the trip seemed a bit short.  I wish I had had more time to spend with friends and family, but I can't complain since I did get to see them.  I saw a few movies ate a few good meals and went out a couple of nights, it was just like I remembered.

I've been back in Logrono now for just more than 1 week.  Things are really picking up for me here.  I have started to get paid for some freelance writing jobs, I picked up a couple more tutoring jobs and my time is finally getting filled up.  I have decided that I do not want to teach in Spain again next year but I have a few other ideas floating around that I will mention later.  It feels really good to be able to find other work while I am here and save up some money.  I am planning to save up a bit and do some traveling in Europe before leaving since it may be the last time I make it out here for a long time.  I've always wanted to visit Germany, Czech Republic, Croatia and maybe head back to London to see my old stomping grounds again.

Last night the roommates and I had a little family dinner since it was our first night that we were all home  and able to eat together.  I made Chicken Alfredo, and Jodie made garlic bread and we had some Cava.  It was a good time.

I am planning to go see a couple friends in Paris AGAIN..... because it will only cost me 30 euros to get out there for the weekend, and well... I simply love Paris.  Then after that Mike will be coming to visit me here in Spain for a little more than 1 week, followed by Jared's visit for 2 weeks.  My dad will be out here in April during my next break and we are going to go to Nice and Venice.  There will be plenty of fun blog posts in 2011 which is looking like it will be a great year.

As for not returning to Spain next year, I do love Spain but I just don't think I can commit another year in the same place.  I don't want to stay put.  I was thinking about just returning to Oregon and trying to find a career oriented job, but with these well-paid freelance writing/advertising jobs seemingly falling into my lap I think that I may want to continue on my journey.  My roommate Megan told me about a job that would be open to me teaching English (now that I have experience) in Santiago Chile.  It is not necessarily a year long commitment either.  It sounds great I just need to decide if the pay/time is going to be something I can live off of and continue with freelance work on the side.  Anyway it's just an idea for now so don't get all worked up thinking you will never see my lovely face again.

I am posting some pictures I took while on a walk in December here in Logrono.  Look out for more travel posts in the months to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment